Tuesday 17 November 2015

Tammie Hawkins: Thinking Outside The Box

While there is nothing wrong with sticking to the traditional aspects of event planning, Tammie Hawkins enjoys having the opportunity to think a little outside of the box on occasion. This allows her to get the creative juices flowing, in addition to being able to plan something that will be remembered for a long time.

“My pulse always starts racing when a client comes to me with the seed of an idea that sounds a little different. I’m always looking for new challenges, so as soon as something a little outside of my comfort zone comes up, I jump at the opportunity to work on it,” she comments.

“For me, it’s all about client satisfaction. I find that a lot of companies look for fairly standard event planning services for conference and the like, but they like to take a more creative approach to team building exercises and events where fun is as important as any other goal the event aims to achieve.

“It is important to have a few ideas to bring to the table in these situations, especially if the client isn’t sure about exactly what they want. I find that a mix of drawing on previous experience and researching activities that I’ve never planned before usually works. If the client likes something I’ve offered previously, it is easier to plan. However, if they like an idea I haven’t tried before, I have something new to sink my teeth into.”

Tammie Hawkins enjoys the excitement that the event planning industry brings and is always eager to face new challenges.Upon founding Hawkins Events, LLC, Tammie Hawkins has continued to build her reputation as a corporate events planner in LA

Recommended Read: Tammie Hawkins - Weddings and Anniversaries